Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Testing Out Windows Live Writer

 

OfrlyFirst impressions.

The interface is really nice and intuitive
It connected to my word press blog easily
adding a photo from your pc is a snap.You can even add effects and resize the photo easily. Text editing is nice it has inline spell checking and its really easy to format.

 

Insert maps, links, videos(from YouTube and windows live accounts and any embed video code easily as well as videos from your pc) and has option for additional plug-ins for a ton of different things.

Map picture

 

 

 

 

 

 
It also has an option to preview your post your working on right on your website.

Only problem I see is that it doesn't integrate the option to insert photos or other media that's already on my word press.

Google<--But you can drag and drop photos from your web browser into Live Writer but you cannot ad effects to them.

It also lets you edit older posts that were made without live writer.

I think I will be using this program instead of logging into the dashboard for word press on my website. I’ll update this post after I use it for a week or two.

Get Windows Live Writer Here
http://windowslivewriter.spaces.live.com/

Here are some decent how to videos for Windows Live Writer
http://www.youtube.com/user/WindowsLiveWriter

All in all I give this an over all  ★★★★☆ (4 out of 5

If you have any comments or questions Please leave a message :)

No comments:

Post a Comment